Life Is Everything I Said I'd Make It And This Is Only The BEGINNING


I've been surrounded by people that dont want anything. If they claim they wanted something they were still not willing to get up And Go GET IT.

The Things They Desired Was Nothing But A Thought, Want, And Words Never Put Into Action. That's why I strive to make differential choices , which Pays Off In The Long Run , If I Really Want something TRUST Me I'm Not Gonna Talk About It I'ma Start Makin It Happen. 

Action baby ain't nothin to it but to do it. Don't talk about It prove it. This ain't 3D baby this is REALITY , Come back to it! Nobody Is Ever Gonna Hand You Anything You Gotta work For It .

I am a an 18 Year old whom dropped out of high school at the age of 17 last year because I chose to make bad decisions in not attending school on a daily basis and was told I wasn't going to graduate til I turn 21. 

After a month sitting in the house not doing anything watching jerry springer and maury all day I decided to get myself in school get my GED and get a job. I DID THAT. 

Dropped out March 2011
Graduated June 2011
Started Working As an Intern at a Nonprofit July 2011
Got Into Year Up Puget Sound September 2011
.Year Up's mission is to close the Opportunity Divide by providing urban young adults with the skills, experience, and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education.
 I was granted the opportunity to reach my highest potential in a 18-24 year old professional program being only 17 years old not turning 18 for a whole 6 months.

During my time in Year Up I learned Information technology professional skills business communications and informational technology applications for 6 months.

 I was given a chance at an internship with Liberty Mutual Insurance January 2012
As Well As The Operations team at Year Up puget sound April 2012.
My internship had ended July 2012
I Graduated with 2 certifications from Year Up Puget Sound & Bellevue College Along with 18 College Credits. August 2012 

My journey through the program was indelible. I made lots of friends I have things in common with people that are mature and GO GETTERS people that gets things DONE. I even have a Professional Network I've gotten the chance to meet a lot of very successful men and women.

I now have a perfect resume, certifications, recommendation letters a positive support system. 2 Jobs one at the  Nonprofit I began at and another job in a fortune 500 company in corporate headquarters making more than minimum wage and have a 401k the only and youngest african american in my department and youngest in the whole entire building of almost 1000 employees,

The best part about my situation is everything I said I would do as a child I am doing now I predicted my whole future and refused to be another statistic and a product of my environment. Hard work pays off you just have to true to yourself and your goals.. 

"Call me what you want just don't call me a dreamer cause mine is Reality"
-Nipsey hussle. 
Apply For Year Up Puget Sound 

Comments