"A Good Leader Is A Mentor and Above all else must have integrity, honesty, direction and vision" - Peter Rose

"Until you lead yourself effectively, you cant lead others. You can only move toward mastery - gradually, in fits and starts , especially  when life hands you difficulty or opportunity and the need for change stares you straight in the eyes. The Growth of your leadership spirit, character, and rational thinking, along with control of your time and priorities, will always be challenges for you. Get help in this process. Keep reading, studying, and engaging with coaches and mentors, because this growth process is never complete"

I've noticed allot lately people are making twitter reality!! It's like I see people always wanting to be like others or do what they see on tv or what they hear in the music to make themselves look like  everybody else who want the samething they seen someone do before but why not STAND OUT!! Be that person that doesnt look like everybody else and act like everyone else.

I see allot of followers thirsting for leaders and that is fine because individuals like direction and that is totally ok. 
Me? personally I like to do my own thing! I am my own person I like different things and what works for me might not work for others, What works for others might not work for me, so I emphasize. Before I make an decision I think long and hard about it. I think to myself : 

  1. " How can this help me in the future?"
  2. "How can this hurt me in the future?"
Those are honestly the only things I think about because growing up I observed the actions of those in my environment, who followed in who's steps and got the same results for so many years I learned the routine of how everyone' life will play out at the end of the game when they are X'd out and knocked off the scenery,I watched the cycle and history repeat itself for making the same mistakes others made that left them struggling for years ! 

 Yet, It Be like that sometimes.

So in order for me to grow and show those in my community peers anything is possible I had to stand up for my FUTURE  first and foremost myself & my family! (Moment of silence for my family members who arent here to share the success with me) 

This is how I think " Don't do something someone else has already done before"  people always be trying to stunt.  In urban communities there are individuals who get a little this and that and they are tremendously flamboyant about something anybody could do for the simple fact SOMEBODY HAS DONE IT BEFORE!! 

I am the type of person who wouldn't wear something again if I Saw someone with something I had On I'd Probably never wear it again. But now that I am older its pretty rare that you see me someone wearing something like me Because I have my own sense of style!

Note:
 I am actually considering looking into becoming a fashion stylist cause I can dress my ass off and everyone knows it.

I never really liked what everyone else liked because to many people would get what they see others have and its pretty dumb if you ask me! Because Why Do You Want Something Everyone Else have Its Old Once EVERYBODY Got It! 

Ima be the first person to do something that I never seen done before aim for the stars Aim for Mission Impossible Im going to Make It Possible !!

Am I gon make it ? Am I gon Fail? If I dont Try then how Im gon Tell? -Nipsey Hussle, Am I Gonna Make It Click Here to See Nipsey Hussles Website
What that means is dont do what you see every day be a trendsetter and not follow trends you can do anything you put your mind to and I mean that never doubt yourself or your capabilities if you really want something your gonna get it no excuses dont dream strategize and make it HAPPEN !!

I did ! I only been 18 for 10 months already have  A couple of certifications a few recommendation letters a professional network and work in a Fortune 500 Company in Corporate Headquarters! There's people Who's been working there since I was 4 months old !

I turned nothing into something no high school diploma or nothing I serve allegiance to my future and look out for my family who went through the struggle with me over the years! I took the Initiative to step up and show my peers a different way And I started out with myself!

I am an " active, committed catalyst for growth and change" 

How could you beg for a change if your not willing to change yourself and in order to become an effective leader you must reevaluate yourself , identify your flaws, correct them before you speak upon others, and consequently drop some bad habits in order for you to grow and stand out above the rest.

My Motto: Success is the only option Failure is an Reality check!!
Meaning: I am totally aware that things doesn't always go as planned and I am ok with that because with every Failure a lesson will be learned and it directs me to expand my horizons and try another route.
"At first you don't succeed dust yourself off and try again"

I had always been a leader since birth and I always thought I was just one of a kind which I am however I am also one of many but rare leaders, what helped me realize I am more than one of a kind was reading a book by the name of "The Leadership Platform" By Jim Hessler with Steve Motenko! (which you will see some quotes from the book throughout the rest of the blog as reference statements) 

I did not chosoe to be a leader I was born one and chosen ! Because I began my journey to success just focusing on my future for myself and to influence the young life's in our family to do right because there are not to many role models in our family !
Critical Point : Followers choose leaders more than leaders choose followers
I was brought into this world and put into a family without much opportunity and positive people! I know what its like to not have someone to look up to and these new young lifes need to see the GOOD Life and not the struggle atleast how to get out the struggle when they are old enough!

Yet my legacy and mission has attracted others to me because They respect me for my ambition and determination to succeed as well as my wisdom and ism at such a young age doing what they never seen done before, hell I'm doing something I never seen before I just did It , I went and got my Blessings!

Yes I am young although people come to me for advice all the time and ask for my suggestions on numerous of things in which I am diverse and can converse with all most anyone from any background!

"Conversation is the relationship!"
In order to be an effective leader you must have to  connect with people on a one on one level getting to know each other and gain an understanding of one another's personality  and learn to work with them ! Everyone's personalities are different !

\
"To understand and be understood is of great value in the work place as it is in life. To be valued for one's unique personality, talents, and background is even greater gift. building these personal connections takes time and relationships are always complex but true leaders recognize the power of well-formed relationships in the work place" 
I have excellent verbal and written communication skills and I am myself everywhere I go and every conversation I have with people end as a good one and on good terms. Conversation is definitely everything how else are you supposed to communicate? Strictly Conversation can and will take you farther then you think, Network with the right people, share your interests and may find the Ying to your yang for what ever the situation!!

There's really nothing wrong with followers because they are more motivation to keep going and showing you, you're doing something Right! you are Leading by Example. Inspiring People. I had no intentions on inspiring, being commended daily for my achievements and younger girls actually looking up to me.

"It's the impact of your leadership that matters . Your leadership will be powerfully impactful when people around you find you admirable, trustworthy and clearheaded enough to follow. As you grow your leadership platform, you will find that your followers are people you have inspired to act rather than compelled to act." 
 What I'm saying is I started out without a support system everyone saying
"I cant......"
 "I wont ......."
"I Never Will....."
" I'm Gonna Be Like......" !!!

That was motivation to prove them all wrong ! I did It In One Year 17 & 18 Years Old, no diploma I don't know anybody like me & that's why everyone like me from old folks to young folks, rich to poor folks just by my actions and determination to create a better future for myself and family. I turned the negatives into positives! I led myself in the direction to change.

"Leadership is largely a matter of maturity, so despite younger leaders talent and hard work, they often aren't ready to take on the full range of challenges they've been given. Mature Leaders see their positive impacts on the organization - the "results" of their work with and for others as the true evidence of leadership " 
Once I realized how much of an impact I make others I should begin to reevaluate my actions on a regular basis give myself feedback on what I need to change about myself to help mold me into a better young woman today than I was yesterday. I am not getting any younger though I am getting older and wiser I must make the proper use of my influence!

Doing something positive at a young age is rare where we come from! not everyone can find the motivation to get up get out and get something, some just don't know how and could if you teach them because I have left clues On the road towards being young and successful and achieve your goals converting your dreams to reality! Being where you want to be to begin your New Mission Your Not Finished Yet.

 However you have a support system those who believe in you to be that one they can count on to pave the way by  achieving your Goals showing young people don't let your age or background hinder you I showed you that but  you gotta figure the rest out yourself your life is only what you make it! Your future is based on the choices you make in the present!

"When True leaders see the gap, they choose to get excited by possibilities rather than discouraged by reality. Leaders transform painful realizations of today into aliveness - into profound sense of satisfaction that comes from making things better tomorrow"

Stay true to your future  and the things you believe in and the passion you have for it you will attract people with your leadership mentality and conversation as time goes on you will have a large support system whom you are returning the support to change!
"Be the change you want to see in the world"- Gandhi

Each quote was from "The Leadership Platform" I Highly Recommend This Book To Anyone.
I chose those quotes in this blog that represent the journey I took to get to where I am as a leader in various places in many ways and come to find out there was a book I could completely relate to. Hope you Enjoyed and understood my perspective feel free to share or comment  !!

"You got to decide whether you want to lead or follow. That simple decision will go a long way to deciding what the rest of your career will be like" 




Comments

  1. Wow, I would say that piece was amazing, I'm sure that's something you already know. As you know it is rare to find many with this mind state. I believe I was also chosen to be a great leader in our community and play my role in closing the opportunity divide. Together people like us came make a whole new future for the next generation. I send blessings to you and all those who also have this mind frame.

    See you at the top !!! I enjoyed this more than you will ever know !!! Bless

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment